Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chicken sandwiches with Dijon and Moonshine Jelly

I've been slack on the post lately. Partly because we've been out of town so much lately but also because I've been having trouble with the camera. I use my husband's camera and sometimes it isn't available to me. If it is in the kitchen when I start, then I'll use it, but if it's in another room I won't run around the house looking for it.

I decided to post this even though I don't have a photo for it. I've made it twice and the whole family loves it. The important ingredient is the moonshine jelly. If you can't find it at a local store you may be able to find it online. We find it at local farm stands but they are only open during the summer so we have to stock up. If you can find jelly made with white wine that would probably work. I don't know what else would make a good substitute.

What you'll need for one sandwich:
1 sandwich roll or hoagie roll
1 tablespoon moonshine jelly
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
olive oil
1 chicken breast tenderloin
thyme
1 small clove garlic
1 large handful of spinach

Make garlic bread by slicing the bread lengthwise and brushing with olive oil.
With a small grater grate the garlic (or mince with a knife) and spread over the oil.
Toast under the broiler.
Mix together the mustard and jelly and set aside until needed.
Meanwhile, heat enough olive oil to coat a skillet. Add some thyme.
Pound the chicken thin and then add to the pan. Cook until lightly brown on one side then the other.
When the chicken is finished, remove from the pan and add the spinach to wilt.

To build the sandwich put the spinach on the garlic bread and top with the chicken.

I'll post photos some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment