If you have a magic bullet (that little blender that comes with cups) you'll have no trouble making this. The measurements are based on the magic bullet cup (the smaller mugs w. the handle). If you don't...well...I'll do my best to help you out.
Here is what I did:
- Take a red bell pepper and peel it with a veg peeler. Discard peel. Break into pieces discarding seeds and membrane. Put into your magic bullet cup.
- Add 1 clove of garlic that you've grated (this will keep from ending up with big chunks).
- Add enough cream to come up half way. I think about 1/4 of a cup...more or less.
- Blend well
- Add about 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Blend more
- Add milk (I used 2% shelf stable milk 'cause I happen to have some lying around) until it almost reaches the top (leave room to blend)
- Add a pinch or two of nutmeg and salt
- Blend again - taste for seasoning. Add pepper if you like but I didn't even think of it at the time.
- Cook your pasta (1lb) until al dente and then toss with butter. When the butter is melted pour over the sauce and cook on med-high tossing and mixing well. It will thicken and absorb.
I think if you don't keep kosher this would be great w. grilled shrimp or scallops. For kosher keepers...did you know you can get kosher shrimp (it is made from pike I think)? Might be something to try. If not, it went well with salmon cakes and would be nice with any simple grilled fish (salmon or tuna w. just oil and salt). The sauce is light in flavor so don't over power it with a second sauce or even a salad dressing.