Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lemon Chicken

This is a retro recipe as it is a chicken dish I grew up on. My mom would make this often at my request.  She always used butter but keeping kosher style I used margarine. You can also do fish this same way which I'll post at a later time.

You'll need:
1 to 1.5 sticks margarine
chicken - I used 3 lbs thin chicken breast strips
flour for dredging
lemon juice - I used 1/2 cup

Melt 1 stick of margarine in a large pan (use butter if you wish).
Meanwhile, dredge chicken in the flour to coat.
Put the chicken in the pan and brown lightly on both sides.
It shouldn't take too long to cook through since you are using thin chicken slices.
If you need to do it in batches, like I did, remove the chicken from the pan and put in a warm oven. Add more margarine to the pan as needed and do the remaining chicken.
When all the chicken is done add it back to the pan and pour over the lemon juice.
Stir the chicken around and scrape the bottom of the pan making sure all the chicken is coated with the juice.
Serve hot and enjoy.


Chicken in the pan.

I had lots of chicken, almost a whole two layers. Just make sure you mix it around so it all gets lemon flavor.

Time to eat!

Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment