Sunday, October 3, 2010

Simple Meat Sauce


My mom used to make this when I was a kid. This is so easy, budget friendly and kid friendly. Your family will think you slaved over a hot pot for hours when it only takes about 30 or so minutes from stove top to table top. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

You'll need:
1 lb ground beef (more if you like it meaty...I used about 1.5 lbs tonight)
1-2 garlic cloves (or to taste), minced
1 large can diced tomatoes (I like petite diced), drained
1 medium can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
Oregano or other Italian herbs, fresh or dry, to taste
2 lbs pasta of choice, I prefer rigatoni or penne

Brown ground beef in a large skillet.
Add the garlic and cook until it takes on a little color.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and herbs.
Let simmer while your pasta cooks according to package directions.
Drain the pasta and pour into sauce. Toss well to coat.
Serve at once.


2 pounds of rigatoni


Yummy meat sauce


Put it all together and something magical happens...


...the pan overflows and you have a mess.


Serve it with a side salad and you have tasty meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment