Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rosh Hashanah

L'shanah tovah tikatev v'taihatem (May you be inscribed and sealed for a good year).

Tonight at sundown is Rosh Hashanah; the Jewish new year. Since this isn't a religion blog I won't get into the details. Suffice it to say that tonight is our New Year Eve. The only difference is that rather than leaving the kids with a babysitter to go out to party and get drunk; we celebrate around the table with family and friends as well as at shul praying and hearing the shofar blow.

I have been cooking and cleaning most of the day. My menu includes; sweet and sour fish, grilled turkey, tzimmis, noodle kugel, salad, and my mom is bringing apple pizza and forgotten cookies. I've been taking pictures as I go and will post my recipes after the holiday.

Meanwhile, enjoy this time with your family and I wish for you a happy, healthy, and sweet new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment